Daniel LeonGM, Power Systems North America
Daniel oversees the Power Systems team in North America, manages daily operations, leads business development activities, and facilitates strategies to strengthen our relationships with our clients and stakeholders.
With over 28 years of power system experience, Daniel has dedicated his career to learning, implementing and teaching. He brings a strong background in consulting studies for the planning and operation of electric power systems, including steady-state and dynamic analysis applying state-of-the-art methodologies and software tools that will benefit our clients and employees alike. Beyond his hands-on approach to helping clients solve problems, Daniel has taught training courses to engineers of ISOs, TSOs and utilities from North, Central and South America and published, presented and co-authored several papers in international engineering meetings and conferences. Since 2008, he has been in management and leading business development and sales activities to promote engineering consulting services and specialized software tools for power system analysis.
- Over 28 years of power system experience
- Strong management skillset
- Demonstrated success leading business development and sales activities
- Excellent engineering consulting services
- Proficient training instructor to engineers of ISOs, TSOs and utilities
- Published, presented and co-authored several papers
Marie SlakoGM, Operational Technologies and Data Analytics Asia Pacific
Marie Slako leads PSC’s Operational Technologies and Data Analytics team. She is a strategic leader who is skilled at fostering relationships, and a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders.
Marie has handled a wide array of energy data and analytics challenges across the transmission, distribution and gas landscape. In particular, she has experience with integrating new data with legacy data/systems, building analytical capabilities, building out and enhancing the electricity network model, establishing data governance practices within teams, and the power of spatial information and visualization.
- Over 20 years’ experience in the technology and electricity sectors
- Technical ability combined with empathetic leadership
- Business and strategy development
- Australian electricity industry experience
- Geographic Information Systems
- Project and Program Management
John CamilleriGM, Operational Technologies North America
As General Manager of Operational Technologies of North America, John is responsible for all Operational Technologies system deployments and solution offerings for PSC in North America. John has over 23 years of experience in Utility Automation Systems and is skilled in driving customer requirements and ensuring achievable deliverables. John is a 31-year member of the IEEE and a Senior Member engaged in the industry providing numerous presentations and publications. John has specialized knowledge of security threat modeling, distributed energy renewables, and system architecture in advising clients.
- SCADA/EMS/ADMS Technical and Management Leadership
- Utility Operation Business Processes
- Microgrid Control Systems and DER Integration
- System and Software Architecture, Distributed Real-Time Messaging
- Agile Software Development and Project Management
Alex BoydPresident & CEO
Alex Boyd is the President and CEO of PSC. Alex has over 25 years of engineering and management experience in the electricity industry around the world. His experience ranges from hands on engineering work on site at the power station or transmission grid to the project management of a variety of electricity industry technology projects to the corporate management of an electricity specialist engineering consultancy.
Alex is able to combine his education and experience in engineering, finance and business to understand the big picture within the electricity industry.
- Founded PSC USA and PSC Canada and now serves as the President & CEO of PSC Group.
- Managed the development of the core components of Alstom Grid’s energy management software.
- Managed the implementation of software business process applications.
- Prepared business case for the replacement of historian applications for a major utility.
Judith LivingstoneGM, Finance
Judith is PSC’s General Manager Finance leading the finance function including accounting, tax, compliance, audit, risk, budget, corporate legal and company secretarial duties. She has previously worked in a variety of finance roles in Wellington and London, for both privately-held and publicly-listed companies including a consulting engineering firm and a New Zealand based electricity generator, wholesaler and retailing company.
Judith holds the CA designation from Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand.
- Over 20 years' experience in International Accounting and Finance
- Process improvement
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Analysis
Ann BhatHead of People
Ann Bhat leads PSC’s Global Human Resources function. In this role, she holds responsibility for strategic human resources initiatives, including developing and rewarding a global workforce and managing HR processes and systems.
Having worked in small, medium and large corporations, in fashion, corporate services and high tech industries, Ann brings a breadth of experience to our consulting business. She is particularly skilled in the areas of organizational development, employee engagement, performance management, and employee relations.
Ann is passionate about fostering a company culture that reflects PSC’s vision, mission and values.
Glenn PallesenHead of Corporate Services
Glenn leads PSC's Global Corporate Services function. In this role, he holds responsibility for Finance, Project and Office Administration, Facilities Management, Contracts, Insurance, Information Technology and Information Security, and Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
Glenn has 35 years’ commercial and technical experience across emerging and disruptive technologies, generation, transmission, and distribution. He has held senior operational roles in both the public and private sectors, including Evoenergy, Select Solutions, Sinclair Knight Merz, and CS Energy. This gives Glenn a strong, holistic appreciation for the spectrum of issues that our clients face related to governance, regulatory obligations, risk, and commercial drivers.
Additionally, Glenn brings extensive project delivery experience and an eye for detail, applying lean six sigma concepts to continuously improve systems and processes. He will engage directly with PSC clients with an intense focus on quality control and continuous improvement.
Glenn is PSC's Health, Safety, Environment & Quality management representative.
Kevin CheungManaging Director North America
As Managing Director of PSC North America, Kevin Cheung is responsible for managing Operational Technologies, Power Networks and HVDC business lines as well as staging the region for growth.
Kevin has more than 16 years of experience in the electricity industry, working with major vendors and technology startups. He believes in working for a company that improves human life in tangible ways.
- 18 years' experience supporting the energy industry in the application of operational technology in real time and business critical environments
- SCADA/EMS/DMS project and product development management
- Software design and development
- Project and contract management
Sarah ParsonsBusiness & Strategy Manager
Sarah is PSC’s Business and Strategy Manager. She is responsible for executing PSC’s business rhythm and internal communications calendar, leading annual strategic planning activities and spearheading strategic initiatives. She also handles PSC’s Board engagement and shareholder communications.
Sarah brings over 13 years of experience in program and people management, strategy development and scaling inclusive community impact programming for non-profit social enterprises. She’s worked closely with the private sector, government partners, and a variety of stakeholders to problem-solve, innovate, and generate positive outcomes. Sarah has a proven record of inspiring cross-functional and collaborative teamwork, unlocking potential for maximum impact, and has a passion for advancing for diversity, inclusion, and social equity.
Tim MilesManaging Director Europe
Tim Miles is the Managing Director of Europe. Tim has extensive experience managing multi-disciplined teams involved in the high voltage electricity industry. He has worked on HVDC schemes and many substation projects in the United Kingdom in the fields of project engineering, project management and commissioning as well as the operation and maintenance of plant and equipment ranging from protection and control to high voltage switchgear and transformers.
Over the 17 years Tim has spent in the Utilities industry, he has undertaken Mechanical & Electrical Engineering design and design review, factory acceptance testing, commissioning management, project management on both supplier and client side, primary plant fault investigations, developed procedures within commissioning, operation and maintenance, engineering design and project management.
- Project and contract management
- Grid code compliance
- Testing and commissioning
- Team leadership
Tri Huu LeDirector of Business - PSC Asia
Tri Huu Le is the Director of Business for PSC Asia. Tri has over 19 years of experience with electricity markets. Tri has years of experience in design, operations, market monitoring and DER systems including market modelling, design, development and support in various jurisdictions in Europe, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei.
Tri also has extensive knowledge and experience in optimisation techniques & applications in dispatching and pricing in energy markets, energy and reserve co-optimisation, water valuation/hydro-thermal coordination and optimisation, load forecasting modelling, market trading analysis, EV smart charging, distributed energy resource optimisation and analysis and development of methods and tools for market planning and market monitoring.
- Over 19 years’ experience with Electricity Market Systems
- Market Rule Change and Market Development
- Wholesale Power Market Systems Roadmaps
- Dispatching and Pricing Methodology in Energy Markets
- Load Forecasting & Energy and Reserve Co-optimisation
- Hydro Modelling and Hydro-Thermal Coordination & Optimisation
- Electric Vehicle Smart Charging and DER Optimisation Systems
- Medium-Term Planning of Hydro-Intensive Power Market
Peter BrownGM, New Zealand
Peter Brown leads PSC’s New Zealand business and delivery team. In this role he fosters relationships with our clients, works with the managers of our skilled consultant teams and represents New Zealand within the wider PSC group.
With a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Canterbury, Peter has worked in a range of organizations in the technology sector as well as starting and building his own test engineering business before it became part of PSC. He brings a strong sales, process and commercial focus to our business.
Peter strives to help teams develop their skills, learn new things and deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
- 10 years' experience in the electricity industry managing control system testing projects for generation companies
- Business development and sales of technology-based solutions
- Project and contract management
- Installation, testing and commissioning
- Engineering management and business administration
- Project scoping and estimating
Matthew RobinsonHead of Global Strategic Service Development
Matt is an energy sector leader who holds a strong belief that the engineering sector is fundamentally about change and creating positive, sustainable progress for society. Using his advisory, technical and project background, Matt brings a strong capability and track record of identifying, leading and managing strategic progression to improve business operations.
He has spent the last 25+ years working across the full spectrum of electricity supply and generation in Australia, United Kingdom, Asia and the USA. He has delivered numerous complex projects including the first integrated control and protection system in the UK, delivering capex projects to all the major network companies in Australia and advising government and private sector clients on energy projects and strategy.
Matt has led strategic thinking on how government and industry can navigate the energy transition toward an economically robust and sustainable future for communities and businesses. As part of this role, Matt works closely with partners such as the Monash University Grid Innovation Hub and frequently authors articles and presents at conferences on various aspects of the subject.
- Over 25 years’ experience in the electricity and generation industries
- Business and strategy development
- Strategic planning and project management
- Team leadership and management
- Substation project leadership and delivery
- Substation control and automation solutions
Roderick KistenGM, Power Networks Asia Pacific
Rod is a power networks specialist with 15 years’ experience in the electricity sector. He leads PSC’s Power Networks team in Asia Pacific, working with clients in energy generation, transmission and distribution, and network operation. He sees himself as a problem solver: helping our clients navigate the issues arising from the rapid transition to renewables to create stable and reliable power networks.
Rod has been involved in many renewables projects including wind and solar for various clients throughout Australia. This has given him significant experience in feasibility studies, grid connection studies, connection application and agreements, connection support as well as concept designs for the transmission and distribution component of projects. He has also been involved in various due diligence projects related to wind and solar developments on both the buyer and vendor side, and worked with multiple utilities across Australia addressing aged asset, augmentation and reliability projects.
Rod has been involved in several projects for utilities and transmission and distribution lines in South Africa. This included concept design through to detailed design, project costing, project/construction management and client handover. He has also worked on a number of oil and gas projects, managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects from concept through to feasibility. This has included power solution option analysis, grid connection studies, connection inquiry and connection and access applications, corridor selection studies, CAPEX and OPEX estimation and introduction of hybrid type power solutions to address schedule constraints.
- Sub-transmission and distribution design
- Network planning/analysis
- Asset maintenance/refurbishment planning
- Project/study management
- Due Diligence
John McLeanGM, Market Systems Asia Pacific
John McLean is the leader of the Market Systems Service Group for Asia Pacific. John has worked with market and system operators in Singapore (EMC), New Zealand (Transpower), and both the East and West coast (AEMO) of Australia in a variety of roles including software development, business analysis, test management, portfolio and project management, and various management positions. This has included large scale market system implementations with both vendors and bespoke solutions. John is an expert in software delivery utilising frameworks tailored to the energy industry.
John is accountable for the growth of the Market Systems business in Asia Pacific, leading the business to the next level through sustainable growth to meet the demands of an evolving landscape. John builds high performance teams to deliver excellence in project delivery to our clients by selecting and retaining the best talent in the industry.
- Over 20 years’ experience in the technology and electricity sectors
- Business and Strategy development
- Team leadership and coaching
- Talent acquisition and management
- Portfolio and Project Management
- Project governance and account management
Kevin EdmondsonGM, HVDC Europe
Kevin is a collaborative energy and utility leader with proven success in directing and coaching cross-functional teams (including Engineers, Managers, Supervisors, Union personnel, Planning, SCM, etc.) to deliver safe and reliable high-quality operational and project performance.
Kevin has demonstrated experience in strategic technical leadership, ensuring compliance throughout a project’s execution via his experience in:
- Project management, leading both renewal/refurbishment HVDC projects as well as ‘new build’ initiatives
- Safe operations and maintenance procedures and processes
- Engineering, strong understanding of the design and construction management of high voltage transmission and distribution systems and substations
- NERC Compliance
- Asset management implementation
- Operational technology
- Strong financial acumen, budget management with Opex and Capex >$25million
- Development and implementation of sustainable operation plans that include team performance and improvement goals.
Gary LandelsGM, Power Systems UK
Gary Landels is the GM, Power Systems for PSC UK and is responsible for all engineering studies and consultancy work. Gary is a Chartered Electrical Engineer with over 20 years of experience primarily in electrical power system analysis of transmission, distribution and industrial networks. Throughout his career he has worked with a number of network utilities and regulatory organisations in both Europe, the Middle East and in Africa and is experienced in the assessment of capital investment options and the planning of electricity transmission and distribution. To compliment Gary’s technical experience he has significant experience in the usage, application and integration of power system software tools including PSS/E and DIgSILENT.
- Power system studies and analysis for transmission, distribution and industrial electrical networks
- Grid code compliance for generation connections
- Regulatory compliance audits and assessment
- Technical due diligence and economic analysis