What personal data may we collect from you?
In connection with your interaction with us, we may collect the following types of personal data:
- Identification data – such as your name, job title and the company you work for.
- Contact details – such as your email addresses, telephone numbers and business address.
When do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data from you when you:
- Enter information on our website or our social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, for example: to subscribe to a newsletter or fill out an enquiry form.
- Contact PSC via email with a request, for example: about our services or to subscribe to a newsletter.
Information you provide directly
We collect personal data that you provide us directly by filling in forms, including those on our website (www.pscconsulting.com) or by corresponding with us in writing, by telephone, by email, by supplying a business card or otherwise.
Information we collect automatically
- Information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits to and use of our website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths.
- Information that you enter in order to set up subscription to our emails and/or newsletters.
- Information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it, and what information you downloaded.
- Any other information you chose to send to us via forms on the website.
Information from third parties
Generally, we collect data directly from you. However, in some cases, we may collect personal data about you from trusted third parties.
If we ask you to provide any other personal data not described above, then we will make clear to you what specific personal data we need and the reasons why we ask you to provide it.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To respond to any communications that you send us and to keep a record of those communications. This processing is necessary for the administration of our business and the provision of services, which is necessary for the legitimate interests of our business.
- For the administration of consultancy services. This includes contacting you to provide you with information you have requested about these services and notifying you of any changes in respect of these. The basis for this processing is to perform the contract with you related to these services or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract in respect to these services.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have previously utilised or enquired about. This processing is necessary for marketing and promotion of our products and services, which is for the legitimate interests of our business.
You can prevent this processing at any time by modifying the settings of your web browser to reject the cookies we use or disable cookies completely. You can find more information about controlling cookies at aboutcookies.org. Our website may contain links to other sites (including our Facebook and LinkedIn sites). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information. We take precautions to protect your personal data. When you submit information via our website, your information is protected both online and offline. However, we ask that you limit the information you supply us to business related information, and that reasonably required to subscribe to our client newsletter or make a request for our services.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
If you are based in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), PSC’s legal basis for collecting and using the information described above will depend on which information is concerned and the context in which PSC collects it. However, PSC will normally collect information from you only (i) where PSC has your consent to do so, (ii) where PSC needs the information in order to fulfil or enter into a contract with you or (iii) where the processing of your information is in PSC’s legitimate interests and does not override your data protection interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
If we request you to provide information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and let you know whether the provision of your information is mandatory.
How we share your personal data
We take care to allow your personal data to be accessed only by those who truly must access it in order to perform a service for you or for us, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. Whenever we authorize third parties to access your personal data, we ensure they have appropriate security measures in place and that they only use the personal data required and in a way that is consistent with this Policy.
We may share your information in the following ways:
- With other companies in the PSC Group: We may need to share your personal data with other PSC companies around the world in order to carry out the purposes described above. These PSC companies in the PSC Group may be registered by a different legal name than the company with which you are interacting — for example, you may be interacting with PSC UK and PSC UK may need to share your personal data with PSC Ireland to provide the services requested by you.
- With third party service providers and agents: We may also make certain personal data available to third parties who provide services to us (such as our Customer Relationship Management CRM software). When we share with these third parties, we do so on a need-to-know basis and under clear contractual terms and instructions for the processing of personal data.
- With third party companies that provide software and tools to PSC: We may also make certain personal data available to third party companies that provide tools relevant for our business operations (such as to assist with power systems modelling and design services). Should these companies require user log in details, those details will be limited to what is required to access the software or tool.
International transfers of your personal data
PSC and its service providers may collect, use, process, store, or disclose your personal data outside your home country or jurisdiction. These outside countries may have different data protection laws than the laws of your home country. PSC will only transfer personal data to another country (including to a PSC company within the PSC Group) in accordance with your home country’s applicable privacy laws, and where there are adequate data protections in place that meet the intent of this policy.
How long we keep your personal data
We will keep your personal data for as long as is needed to carry out the purposes described above (or as otherwise required by law). Generally, this means the period of time we will retain it will depend on the nature of any contracts we have in place or seek to execute with your company, the existence of your consent and or our legitimate interests as a business.
We periodically need to monitor our IT and communications systems for specific purposes. We may do this through automated tools like anti-malware software, website filtering, spam filtering, intrusion detection and prevention systems, security software solutions to maintain and protect our IT systems and network security, including investigating and responding to suspected security incidents.
Where permitted by law, we may also monitor for other purposes, such as:
- To protect our confidential information, intellectual property, and other business interests
- To investigate breaches of our company policies or other unlawful or improper acts
- To comply with a legal obligation and
- For other legitimate purposes, as permitted by applicable law.
Please note that any message, files, data, document, electronic communications, or any other types of information transmitted to or from, received or printed from, or created, stored, or recorded on our IT and communications systems and assets are presumed to be PSC business-related and we may monitor it in accordance with this Policy.
We recognize that any monitoring that we perform may impact your privacy, so we will always seek to ensure that any monitoring we perform is proportionate for the limited and specific purposes needed and conducted as required or permitted by applicable law.
Your rights to your personal data
If you are located in the EEA, you may have certain additional rights in relation to your personal data, such as:
- The right of access – You have the right to access your personal data (e.g. data that is about you) that we hold. To request access to your personal data, please contact us by one of the methods detailed in Your access to and control over personal data. It is very helpful if you tell us what of your personal data you are seeking.
- The right to rectification – if you think your personal data, that we hold is incorrect, tell us so it can be corrected. You can do this by contacting us by one of the methods detailed in Your access to and control over personal data. It is very helpful if you tell us what personal data you think is incorrect.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that we delete your personal data. We will do so provided that we do not have a compelling reason for keeping it. To request this, please contact us by one of the methods detailed in Your access to and control over personal data.
- The right to restrict processing – you can change your communication preferences (therefore restricting how we communicate with you). There are also certain other circumstances in which you can suppress the processing of your personal data. To request this, please contact us by one of the methods detailed in Your access to and control over personal data.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to:
- Direct marketing from us or from third parties we have shared your information with for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of direct marketing any time by clicking on manage preferences on any marketing emails or contacting us by one of the methods detailed in Your Access to and Control over Personal data.
- Any processing where our lawful basis is a legitimate interest (see above). If you would like to formally object to any of our legitimate interest processing, please contacting us by one of the methods detailed in Your access to and control over personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – this is not something we do. If that ever changes, this policy will be updated accordingly.
PSC is committed to upholding your rights in managing your personal data. If you think we have not achieved this, please contact us by one of the methods detailed in Your access to and control over personal data.
Your access to and control over personal data
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You may also request to see what, if any, personal data that we hold, change/correct any data we have about you, have us delete any data we have about you, or express any concern you have about our use of your data. You can do this at any time by responding to any of our newsletters and similar mass emails using the unsubscribe information contained in the email or by emailing [email protected].
Note due to email spam from internet locations, we will only reply to email requests where they come from the email address we have on file, or if you include a comment we consider reasonable as to why the request has come from an email address that we do not have on file.
If you believe your rights have not been adequately addressed, you have the right to submit a complaint to [email protected] or with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Updates to this policy
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect any changes in our privacy practices. We encourage you to check back periodically to make sure you’re aware of the most recent provisions.