Our Leadership Team
Alex BoydPresident & CEO
Alex Boyd is the President and CEO of PSC. Alex has over 25 years of engineering and management experience in the electricity industry around the world. His experience ranges from hands on engineering work on site at the power station or transmission grid to the project management of a variety of electricity industry technology projects to the corporate management of an electricity specialist engineering consultancy.
Alex is able to combine his education and experience in engineering, finance and business to understand the big picture within the electricity industry.
- Founded PSC USA and PSC Canada and now serves as the President & CEO of PSC Group.
- Managed the development of the core components of Alstom Grid’s energy management software.
- Managed the implementation of software business process applications.
- Prepared business case for the replacement of historian applications for a major utility.
Sandi LiSantiChief Financial Officer
As Chief Financial Officer for PSC, Sandi works tirelessly to optimize the financial performance of PSC for our shareholders. Sandi has over 15 years experience in the US, Canada and other countries. She comes from a strong background in professional services firms. Sandi has a proven record of increasing the financial performance of companies she has worked with in the past.
- International Accounting & Finance
- Productivity & Profitability Improvement
- GAAP and IFRS
- Budgeting, Forecasting, & Analysis
- M&A activities
Tim RitchieChief Revenue Officer
As Chief Revenue Officer, Tim has global responsibility for marketing and sales.
Tim has thirty years of commercial experience including responsibility for marketing and sales in a variety of industries ranging from civil engineering to the Internet of Things.
Tim is passionate about training and leading teams to grow through a strong focus on client needs, believing that the key to a strong business is serving clients and staff to the best of our ability.
Ann BhatDirector of HR
Ann Bhat leads PSC’s Global Human Resources function. In this role, she holds responsibility for strategic human resources initiatives, including developing and rewarding a global workforce and managing HR processes and systems.
Having worked in small, medium and large corporations, in fashion, corporate services and high tech industries, Ann brings a breadth of experience to our consulting business. She is particularly skilled in the areas of organizational development, employee engagement, performance management, and employee relations.
Ann is passionate about fostering a company culture that reflects PSC’s vision, mission and values.
Glenn PallesenDirector of Operations
Glenn has 35 years’ commercial and technical experience across emerging and disruptive technologies, generation, transmission, and distribution. He has held senior operational roles in both the public and private sectors, including Evoenergy, Select Solutions, Sinclair Knight Merz, and CS Energy. This gives Glenn a strong, holistic appreciation for the spectrum of issues that our clients face related to governance, regulatory obligations, risk, and commercial drivers.
Additionally, Glenn brings extensive project delivery experience and an eye for detail, applying lean six sigma concepts to continuously improve systems and processes. He will engage directly with PSC clients with an intense focus on quality control and continuous improvement.
Glen is also the Health, Safety, Environment & Quality management representative for the company.
Margaret SnapeSenior Manager, Business & Strategy
Margaret Snape brings over 15 years of chief of staff and consulting industry experience to PSC.
As the Senior Manager, Business and Strategy, Margaret is responsible for establishing and executing the business rhythm, leading strategic planning activities, and spearheading Group-wide strategic initiatives. She is passionate about creating an environment where PSC’s consultants and clients are successful.
Kevin CheungManaging Director North America
As Managing Director of PSC North America, Kevin Cheung is responsible for managing Operational Technologies, Power Networks and HVDC business lines as well as staging the region for growth.
Kevin has more than 16 years of experience in the electricity industry, working with major vendors and technology startups. He believes in working for a company that improves human life in tangible ways.
- 18 years' experience supporting the energy industry in the application of operational technology in real time and business critical environments
- SCADA/EMS/DMS project and product development management
- Software design and development
- Project and contract management
Roger RileyManaging Director Asia Pacific
Roger Riley is responsible for managing PSC's business across Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and the Pacific. He is dedicated to growing PSC’s client base in Asia Pacific by delivering quality outcomes through recruiting and developing engaged employees to serve the needs of our clients across the region.
Roger is a senior leader with consistent and demonstrated success delivering exceptional results through strategic target setting and a focus on execution. He establishes and empowers high-performing teams and creates effective relationships with all stakeholders in order to deliver agreed outcomes. Roger thinks cross functionally, applying expertise gained from engineering, consulting and corporate environments; he thrives on new challenges.
Roger enjoys being in a role where he can make a difference in the industry and in the development of the people and culture of PSC.
- Multidisciplinary engineering team leadership
- UK and Asia Pacific electricity industry experience
- Asset Management
- Strategic and Business Planning
- Electrical Engineering
- Contract and Project Management
Tim MilesManaging Director Europe
Tim Miles is the Managing Director of Europe. Tim has extensive experience managing multi-disciplined teams involved in the high voltage electricity industry. He has worked on HVDC schemes and many substation projects in the United Kingdom in the fields of project engineering, project management and commissioning as well as the operation and maintenance of plant and equipment ranging from protection and control to high voltage switchgear and transformers.
Over the 17 years Tim has spent in the Utilities industry, he has undertaken Mechanical & Electrical Engineering design and design review, factory acceptance testing, commissioning management, project management on both supplier and client side, primary plant fault investigations, developed procedures within commissioning, operation and maintenance, engineering design and project management.
- Project and contract management
- Grid code compliance
- Testing and commissioning
- Team leadership
Peter BrownGeneral Manager - New Zealand
Peter Brown leads PSC’s New Zealand business and delivery team. In this role he fosters relationships with our clients, works with the managers of our skilled consultant teams and represents New Zealand within the wider PSC group.
With a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Canterbury, Peter has worked in a range of organizations in the technology sector as well as starting and building his own test engineering business before it became part of PSC. He brings a strong sales, process and commercial focus to our business.
Peter strives to help teams develop their skills, learn new things and deliver innovative solutions for our clients.
- 10 years' experience in the electricity industry managing control system testing projects for generation companies
- Business development and sales of technology-based solutions
- Project and contract management
- Installation, testing and commissioning
- Engineering management and business administration
- Project scoping and estimating
Tri Huu LeDirector of Business - PSC Asia
Tri Huu Le
Tri Huu Le is the Director of Business for PSC Asia. Tri has over 19 years of experience with electricity markets. Tri has years of experience in design, operations, market monitoring and DER systems including market modelling, design, development and support in various jurisdictions in Europe, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Brunei.
Tri also has extensive knowledge and experience in optimisation techniques & applications in dispatching and pricing in energy markets, energy and reserve co-optimisation, water valuation/hydro-thermal coordination and optimisation, load forecasting modelling, market trading analysis, EV smart charging, distributed energy resource optimisation and analysis and development of methods and tools for market planning and market monitoring.
- Over 19 years’ experience with Electricity Market Systems
- Market Rule Change and Market Development
- Wholesale Power Market Systems Roadmaps
- Dispatching and Pricing Methodology in Energy Markets
- Load Forecasting & Energy and Reserve Co-optimisation
- Hydro Modelling and Hydro-Thermal Coordination & Optimisation
- Electric Vehicle Smart Charging and DER Optimisation Systems
- Medium-Term Planning of Hydro-Intensive Power Market
Matthew RobinsonGM, Operational Technologies and Market Systems Asia Pacific
Matt is an energy sector leader who holds a strong belief that the engineering sector is fundamentally about change and creating positive, sustainable progress for society. Using his strategy, technical and project background, Matt brings a strong capability and track record of identifying, leading and managing strategic progression to improve business operations.
As an industry leader in the energy transition, power engineering and project delivery, he has spent the last 20+ years working across the full spectrum of traditional electricity supply and generation in Australia, United Kingdom, Asia and the USA. He has delivered numerous complex projects including the first integrated control and protection system in the UK, delivering capex projects to all the major network companies in Australia and advising government and private sector clients on energy projects and strategy.
Matt has led strategic thinking on how government and industry can navigate the new energy transition toward an economically robust and sustainable future for communities and businesses. As part of this role, Matt sits on the Advisory Board of the Monash University Grid Innovation Hub and frequently authors articles and presents at conferences on various aspects of the subject.
- Over 20 years’ experience in the electricity and generation industries
- Business and strategy development
- Strategic planning and project management
- Team leadership and management
- Substation project leadership and delivery
- Substation control and automation solutions
Ross GaspardGM, Operational Technologies NZ
Ross Gaspard is the General Manager of Operational Technologies for PSC New Zealand. He has extensive experience with:
- SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems
- Energy, Distribution and Outage Management information systems
- Substation Automation systems
- Railway Traction and Centralised Train Control systems.
His business unit management, project management, team leadership and software engineering roles have provided Ross with wide ranging knowledge and experience providing solutions and services to clients in New Zealand and overseas. This experience spans the system development life cycle – planning and feasibility, analysis and design, implementation, integration and testing, installation and commissioning, acceptance and on-going maintenance and support.
- Over 30 years Information Technology experience
- Automation, Control and Information Systems – SCADA, EMS, DMS/OMS
- Project Management
- Support Contract Management
- Solution design and Systems Integration
Roderick KistenGM, Power Networks Asia Pacific
Rod is a power networks specialist with 15 years’ experience in the electricity sector. He leads PSC’s Power Networks team in Asia Pacific, working with clients in energy generation, transmission and distribution, and network operation. He sees himself as a problem solver: helping our clients navigate the issues arising from the rapid transition to renewables to create stable and reliable power networks.
Rod has been involved in many renewables projects including wind and solar for various clients throughout Australia. This has given him significant experience in feasibility studies, grid connection studies, connection application and agreements, connection support as well as concept designs for the transmission and distribution component of projects. He has also been involved in various due diligence projects related to wind and solar developments on both the buyer and vendor side, and worked with multiple utilities across Australia addressing aged asset, augmentation and reliability projects.
Rod has been involved in several projects for utilities and transmission and distribution lines in South Africa. This included concept design through to detailed design, project costing, project/construction management and client handover. He has also worked on a number of oil and gas projects, managing multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects from concept through to feasibility. This has included power solution option analysis, grid connection studies, connection inquiry and connection and access applications, corridor selection studies, CAPEX and OPEX estimation and introduction of hybrid type power solutions to address schedule constraints.
- Sub-transmission and distribution design
- Network planning/analysis
- Asset maintenance/refurbishment planning
- Project/study management
- Due Diligence
Carlos GalvanGM, Power Systems Ireland
Carlos Galvan is the GM, Power Systems for PSC Ireland and is responsible for all engineering studies and consultancy work. He has 15 years’ experience in the electrical design and project management of major renewable energy projects and high voltage installations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and South America. This includes extensive expertise in the design, construction supervision, installation and maintenance supervision and the procurement process.
Carlos established and lead a team that has been involved in more than 2 GW’s of renewable generation projects over an 8 year period specialising in wind, solar, biomass, biogas and high voltage installation design. He was also the managing director of a company that specialised in the development of HV cable design software and other engineering calculation tools.
- Electrical design including substation layouts, switchgear, power transformers, earthing grids, protection relays and ancillary plant
- Power cable sizing and optimisation
- Technical specifications and tender management
- Grid code compliance advisor
Phil DevineGM, HVDC Europe
Phil Devine has over 25 years of experience in control systems design, test and commissioning for HVDC and FACTS. He has been a Technical Lead on all matters related to the HVDC control systems from feasibility studies to commissioning and this includes involvement in numerous HVDC projects across the globe.
Phil is an expert in hardware, software and firmware with a detailed knowledge of the manufacturing, installation and commissioning procedures and processes for most major HVDC suppliers. He has extensive design and operational experience with HVDC facilities and FACTS devices which includes project management and technical group leadership.
- Over 25 years’ experience in HVDC and FACTS control systems
- Control systems design, development, testing and commissioning
- Feasibility studies, specifications and design reviews
- Factory testing verification and on-site commissioning
- Commissioning procedures and processes
Gary LandelsGM, Power Systems UK
Gary Landels is the GM, Power Systems for PSC UK and is responsible for all engineering studies and consultancy work. Gary is a Chartered Electrical Engineer with over 20 years of experience primarily in electrical power system analysis of transmission, distribution and industrial networks. Throughout his career he has worked with a number of network utilities and regulatory organisations in both Europe, the Middle East and in Africa and is experienced in the assessment of capital investment options and the planning of electricity transmission and distribution. To compliment Gary’s technical experience he has significant experience in the usage, application and integration of power system software tools including PSS/E and DIgSILENT.
- Power system studies and analysis for transmission, distribution and industrial electrical networks
- Grid code compliance for generation connections
- Regulatory compliance audits and assessment
- Technical due diligence and economic analysis
Kalyan ChilukuriGM, Power Networks North America
As General Manager of Power Networks North America, Kalyan is responsible for all engineering studies and consulting services provided by the business unit. Kalyan has a decade of industry experience and has provided consulting services in New Zealand, Australia, United States and Canada. This includes extensive experience providing technical leadership with a focus on transmission planning studies, renewable energy integration studies and power quality studies.
- Project, program and account management
- Power system studies including short circuit, arc flash, loadflow, voltage stability, harmonic analysis, switching studies and dynamic analysis
- Renewable energy integration
- Power systems software such as PSS/E, DIgSILENT PowerFactory, PSCAD/EMTDC and Paladin DesignBase
- Business development, research and strategy