Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager, the Senior/Principal Power Systems Engineer will:
Opportunities exist for Senior and Principal Power Systems Engineers within our Electrical Engineering team in Australia.
PSC’s system studies group continues to grow in Australia and globally, with an increasing client list and expanding pipeline of work. PSC is seeking power system studies engineers with relevant industry experience to lead and carry out study projects across the generation, transmission and distribution sectors. Candidates’ primary expertise should be in power system analysis and studies that model the behaviour of power systems and their various components under steady state and perturbed conditions.
Reporting to the Electrical Engineering manager, the Senior/Principal Power Systems Engineer will:
- Carry out and lead technical studies, including loadflow, short circuit and stability analysis
- Develop capability in one or more other specialised technical areas, such as earthing, protection, power quality, electromagnetic transients
- Mentor, coach and develop junior engineers
- Manage deliverables, schedules and budgets for client projects and studies
- Manage client expectations through regular communications and responsiveness
- Prepare, review and sign off detailed technical reports
- Develop consulting proposals and their components
- Develop and deliver presentations to clients
- Coordinate work flows with PSC colleagues around the world
- Assist with resource planning and management
- Support the Electrical Engineering Manager in business development activities by presenting PSC capabilities to existing and prospective clients